Child Care Provider
509 Forest Ave, Portland ME 04101
207-899-2435 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Child Care Provider is responsible for providing quality child care in a safe church nursery,
Sunday mornings, for infants and preschool children.
The Child Care Provider, while accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, is directly supervised and primarily evaluated by the Children’s Ministry Coordinator. As a member of the staff, the Child Care Provider will also interface regularly and cooperatively with other HopeGateWay community groups.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Duties and responsibilities include the following and others as assigned:
• Greet parents and provide smooth transition for children.
• Provide physical and emotional care.
• Monitor, observe and interact with children.
• Provide structured activities such as story time, music and dancing, crafts and coloring, as appropriate.
• Delegate appropriate tasks and supervise volunteers with children.
• Communicate with the pastors and other church leaders, as appropriate, about problems
or successes with program.
• Maintain nursery safety and cleanliness; organize, clean, and store toys and nursery materials.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Willingness to support the mission, vision, and core values of HopeGateWay community
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Compassionate, nurturing, encouraging spirit
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Punctuality to work and ability to complete work and tasks on time
Experience, Abilities, and Training:
• Infant and Child CPR (or willingness to become certified)
• Knowledge of normal development of infants and preschool children
• Lifting abilities up to 40 pounds
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop and kneel
• Delegation of appropriate tasks to volunteers
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Education in early childhood development or equivalent experience
• Prior child care experience required
• Background check required
• Salary negotiable based on qualifications
• Typically four hours per week
• Two weeks paid vacation