Believe, Belong, Be in Service
• We will pray daily.
• We will use a variety of forms of prayer such as the reflective reading of Scripture and other spiritual texts, confession, the prayer of examen, intercession, journaling, fasting, and contemplation.
• We will practice a contemplative stance in order to be present to God, the world, and ourselves.
• We will practice hospitality with our neighbors in our families, neighborhoods, and workplaces.
• We will be present to our faith community through participation in our worship, fellowship, and mission.
• We will honor and care for the gift of the earth and its resources, practicing ecologically responsible living, striving for simplicity rather than excessive consumption.
• We will practice generosity in sharing our material resources, including money, within and beyond this community.
• We will serve God and neighbor out of gratitude for the love of God.
• We will practice mutual accountability with a covenant group within the community, for how we serve God and neighbor.
• We will practice regular Sabbath as a means of renewal so that we can lovingly serve God and neighbor.
• We will practice racial and gender reconciliation.
• We will resist evil and injustice.
• We will pursue peace with justice.
• We will share the redeeming, healing, creative love of God in word, deed and presence in order to invite others to Christian discipleship.
I commit to these practices and to the well-being of this community, out of gratitude to God who forgives, heals, and makes all things new. May my life be a blessing within and beyond God’s church, for the transformation of the world.